CustomNecklaces Etsy Shop

Friday, October 23, 2015

DIY Candy Dots costume, easy!

 Halloween is right around the corner so time to get working on your costume! Here is a tutorial to make an easy DIY candy dot costume.   I made this for an 80s Halloween dance I was going to and researching the costume  looks like it's KatyPerry inspired but I however was inspired from the old candy dot strips of candy.  This is a great last minute costume idea!

Step 1: find a white dress.  I got mine from a second hand store $8.  Hard to find a white dress this time of year in the fall.
Step 2: find small styrofoam balls then cut in half and paint.  I used 9 balls total and 18 halves. Found a pack of 9 at JoAnn Fabric for 3.99 and when you use your 40% off coupon save even more!  I also found the acrylic paint at JoAnn's for $0.69 a piece!  Once you cut the balls in half, paint 6 halves pink, blue, and yellow.  















This is one coat of paint, ultimately I used 2 coats of paint and it looked much better.








Step 3: find a cool blue or pink wig.  I chose blue and also got some face paint that matched my colors and did my lips and eyes.  I watched this awesome diy rainbow eye makeup tutorial here to do it:
Rainbow smokey eyeshadow tutorial!



Step 4: lay your dress on the floor and position your balls then hot glue the foam balls into place.



Step 5: Put your dress, wig and shoes on and take a picture!

Step 6: complete the look by taping actual strips of the candy dots to your wrist as bracelets and hot glueing the candy dot strips to your waist as a belt!

Step 7: paint your nails to match the day before.



















Step 8: put on your shoes and make up and party!




No comments: